Just Us Ducks!

Sep 24, 2011

This week was a layout kind of week at The Rubber Café and with fall around the corner I couldn’t resist making a layout that captured the essence of the season.
Here is my (now 10 year old) daughter. I can’t believe she was ever this little!
just-us-duck-layouts
This layout was inspired by a Jana Eubanks sketch and I created it first by stamping the leaves using the G-773 Falling Leaves set on cardstock. I then fussy cutted and arranged them as a border at the bottom of the page.
just-us-duck-layouts2
I used our TRC0010 Scrap Happy glue to adhere both the ribbon and the leaves and it worked great! I LOVE that glue.
just-us-duck-layouts3
I used a crochet flower and made my own rosette for the middle using glots made from the Scrap Happy glue.  Making flowers is so easy when you have a base to start with.
just-us-duck-layouts4
The most exciting part of this layout was the journaling section. I got to use my Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine and the Labels One die set. I’m a long-time user of another machine and I have to say that the Grand Calibur is SOO much easier to turn!!  I then used the Nestabling Labels One BlackR to accent this beautiful die cut.
just-us-duck-layouts5
The blank space is there for my personal journaling that I will add later. This was my daughter’s first Fall event she participated in and I wanted to capture those memories in writing for her.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your weekend is a wonderful one!
Michele
Products used:

2 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful LO. Love the colors and embellishments. Your little girl is a doll. :)
Hugs~

Terre said...

Another beautiful creations, love all the added elements. Lilly looks so tiny and cute. Love the creativity girl!

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.