It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Nov 30, 2011

Well the chill is in the air, the tree is up, the outside lights hanging, and I’m listening to Christmas music! What better way to cap off a week of decorating by making a cute little stocking ornament for your tree?

stocking8_thumb[8]

The design team has been hard at work making stockings all this week to help get you in the spirit. I hope you’ve had some time to get in your craft room and play along with us as well.

I wanted this stocking to have a vintage shabby chic feel and I challenged myself to use Melissa’s AMAZING background stamps! These are definitely my go-to stamps to give life to all kinds of projects.

stocking5_thumb[5]

For my project, I used the H978 Background Basics 2 Polka Dot stamp and the EP200 Stampendous Adhesive Powder to adhere the gorgeous G108 Your So Fine Diamond Clear Cool Highlight glitter.

stocking10_thumb[1]

I heart this glitter. It is so baby powdering fine and it sticks so well to the adhesive powder. I was even able to outline the edges of the patterned paper.

stocking9_thumb[1]
Just in case that isn’t enough sparkle for you, I also used the 121007 Crystal Clear Jellie Dots along the edge of the dainty little pom-pom ribbon I had in my stash. Isn’t that just beautiful! It looks so sparkly on my tree.

stocking6_thumb[1]

So there’s my little stocking sitting perfectly in the tree. You could also make these to use in a garland as decoration too. The possibilities are endless.

I hope I’ve inspired you to use your products in new and different ways or to simply try a new technique using the fabulous products in The Rubber Café store.


Supplies Used:



Stamps: Background Basics 2 Polka Dot stamp
Paper: Pink Paisley Butterfly Garden, Bazzill Cardstock
Ink: Ranger Old Paper Distress Ink
Bling: 121007 Crystal Clear Jellie Dots 
Accessories: Scrap Happy Glue, EP200 Stampendous Adhesive Powder, G108 Your So Fine Diamond Clear Cool Highlight glitter
Misc: Stick pin, glass beads, floral ribbon, mini pom pom ribbon

Happy Crafting!
dtsignature-michele

1 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Michele, I love your stocking!! The colors are so pretty and soft. Love the non-traditional colors. Beautiful lace and trims--love the roses and all of the sparkle too!! Fantastic Job!! Hugs

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.