Vintage Dressform Blank Card

Jan 11, 2012


With the new year, I’ve made it my goal to create a stash of cards before I need them so I’m prepared when the time comes. I was thinking it would be great to have a set of all purpose cards that I could make for different occasions. Well here is what I came up with:

dressform-card

I used some Kaiser Kraft paper over kraft cardstock to form my base for the card. Then I used the J-1074 Frame Heart Stamp in Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Festive Berries over the patterned paper.

dressform-card3

Doesn’t that look pretty over that paper?


dressform-card2

I then covered this beautiful dress form in TRC-0010 Scrap Happy Glue and a mixture of G-120 You’re So Fine Glitter, Diva Pink and  G-101 You’re So Fine Glitter, Silver Medal. I then set the dress off even more with a few small rhinestones and a tiny piece of lace trim.

dressform-card4


For the smaller vintage embellishments I used a technique I saw on Pinterest of painting on your shrinky dinks with acrylic paint and then over-stamping them before shrinking.


dressform-card5

The acrylic gets a crackled look to it and with some sealer they would be fantastic for your next project! On the sheet above, I used the S-114 Vintage Treasures stamps set and the S-113 Steampunk Charity Wings set.


dressform-card

I hope you’ve been inspired today to get some of those extra cards made for your stash. You never know when you might need a card in a pinch. Better to have some on hand and prepared.


Happy crafting!

dtsignature-michele

3 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Michele, I LOVE EVERYTHING about your card!! It's So GORGEOUS!!! I love all of the little details, soft colors, the trims and glitter you used on the dress foam and WOW LOVE the shrink art technique--that is SO COOL!!! Love the crackle look!! Going to try this for sure!!! Hugs♥

Dawnll said...

I am in love with vintage and you have really nailed it for sure.
Thanks for your funny comment during your visit-Send me your address and the heart is yours-Chocolate and all!

Jan Hennings said...

WOW..love the design of your dress form card...gorgeous! I love the vintage stamps :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my Really Reasonable Ribbon projects :)

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.